Duke’s program in the study of sexualities (SXL) offers one of the few academic programs dedicated to sexuality studies in the United States. Building on Duke University’s reputation in sexuality studies and queer theory, the SXL program fosters an interdisciplinary community of researchers and students interested this emerging field. (more)
If you are a Duke University undergraduate student interested in sexuality studies:
- Contact the sxl administrator, Lillian Spiller (email@example.com) to discuss your interests.
- Find SXL current courses here on this website under Academics or on ACES and enroll.
- UNC currently has a very active program in Sexuality Studies.
- Consider a Program II Curriculum.
- Consider graduation with distinction with a sexuality studies thesis outside of a major.
- Consult Academics/ faculty by subject area for a list of relevant faculty for guidance on research or curriculum.
Non-Duke students: here is a list of other sexuality studies programs.